ABOUT THE JOURNAL EDITORIAL BOARD MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSION SUBSCRIPTION INFO CURRENT ISSUE ARCHIVE SITE LINK

[ Volume 28 Number 2 October 2018 ]

Razzle-dazzle and Razz-ma-tazz: Creative Writing in National Taipei University of Business, Spring 2016
  David Pendery
   Pendery(282-7).pdf (459.1K), Down : 1, 2018-11-08 12:36:47
Abstract :
This paper reviews and examines the results of a Creative Writing class conducted at National Taipei University of Business. My hope in this research is to examine student response to creative writing methods and ideas, to review their output for actual creativity, and to measure the advancement of their writing skills. This skill can be of great use to young students, as creative writing “can be an education in the craft of writing in a larger sense” (Morley 1). Creative Writing is for the most part an unusual course in Taiwanese academia, where there is often a focus on the “practical” and “vocational.” Because of their closeted and rote upbringing in Taiwanese schools, my students reacted in very positive ways to this course. In their leap into this creative activity, they endeavor to improve their output and writing skills, which of course is the bottom line for any writing teacher. In sum I find that creative writing is a rich study for students in Taiwan that strengthens their productivity, develops self-confidence, and improves skills they will be able to use in their future.

Key words : Creative writing, Social interaction, Games, Composition, Skills development, Imagination, Creativity

Publisher: The Korean Association for Thinking Development
Hangaram Core #209, Myung-duk-ro 368, Sueong-1 ga, Daegu, Korea
Tel/Fax: +82(53)-766 5989; www.ijcps-katd.org | www.creativity.or.kr; fpsp209@gmail.com